Virtual events are a great way for businesses to save money on travel and meeting spaces, but they can be difficult to make engaging. That’s why it is important to plan ahead so that your virtual event will be fun and interactive for all attendees. In this blog post we’ll go over some of the best ways you can use technology to engage your audience in a virtual setting!
Assign a game or activity for your audience to compete in. This will engage them and make it more fun!
Here are 10 ways to make your virtual events more engaging for your attendees:
1. Host a cooking show, there are several ‘virtual’ chefs who can host a cooking class in your event, you can take it a step further by sending out the recipe and ingredient list prior to the event.
2. Promote an open discussion with one of the panelists by sending out questions ahead of time for people to post their replies. Then during the event, you can moderate this conversation as part of the program.
3. Offer interactive polls, videos, presentations, or other material that is specifically tailored to virtual attendees so they feel connected – keep them involved the entire time!
4. Gamify the event, Virtual Fusions allows for you to track how active your attendees are within the event.
5. Offer prizes for attendees that are the most active during the event, and give extra recognition to those who were super engaged in all aspects of the experience.
6. Gamify the experience by tracking how active attendees are within an event; this makes a real competition out of what would otherwise just seem like logging into an online chat room.
7. Encourage members outside of one’s team to participate as well – offer prizes and extra recognition (e.g., being featured on your company website) if someone is a standout.
8. Utilize the chat box feature which allows participants to submit questions they might have while you’re presenting so it’s easier for them to follow along with your presentation.
9. Offer a live Q&A session for attendees to ask last minute questions or request more information on the topic.
10. Engage attendees after the event by sending transcriptions of the sessions and a survey to follow up!
When you make your event virtual, it can be more difficult for attendees to feel connected and engaged. Keep these tips in mind so that people are having fun with the material and get excited about coming back for future events!